The Sunshine Coast shines in the Summer, you don’t have to go too far to find a beautiful vista, a lovely hike or a beach to grab some rays. But lets face it, the winters can feel long and drawn out.
Here are 14 hidden gems, to make your heart shine and feel that Coastal love all year round:
1. Treat yourself to a hair cut and style with Corrie Trippell. A truly lovely and genuinely caring person, Corrie is fantastic at cutting and styling. And her super chic salon will have you feeling like you’ve walked into a trendy city boutique. For appointments call: 604-880-6068.
2. Off the Edge and the Coast Gravity Park. Fast becoming known among international bike professionals and enthusiasts, the Coast Gravity park offers mountain bikers a year round downhill and lift experience like no other. And for all your bike needs, including rentals and servicing, check out Off the Edge in Sechelt.
3. Check out Hidden Grove in Sandy Hook for a walk, even on the rainiest of days, this beautiful forest canopy will protect you from the rain.
4. UnWind Knit and Fibre Lounge is offering free workshops this spring! Learn a new skill, meet some new people and get inspired!
5. Enjoy Breakfast at the Rockwater - A delightful breakfast with a breathtaking view.
6. Delight in a Ginger Gems from Wheatberries, a long standing treasure on the Coast!
7. Rise above the clouds on the top of Soames Hill and take in the view of Gibsons and beyond.
8. Olive Oil Co. in Lower Gibsons, enjoy some tasting and learn about the fascinating world of olive oil.
9. Restore yourself with a relaxing Hatha yoga class at Blissful Yoga in Sechelt. Owner Georgia is an exceptional teacher, Yogi and valued young business women in Sechelt.
10. The Mosaic Emporium. If you’ve never stopped by the Mosaic Emporium in Davis Bay, treat yourself sometime. They have some unique treasures, everything from bathing suits to art supplies, to baby accessories.
11. Enjoy a tasting flight at Persephone Brewing. Bring your whole family for some fun on the farm. Check out their facebook page for information about events, live music, pizza oven and new brews.
12. Whether you are a first time gardener or have been doing it for years, the Botanical Gardens in Sechelt hosts a number of events and offers some great gardening workshops for all levels.
13. Enjoy an Americano at Strait Coffee, one of the best on the Coast.
14. Give into the wind and rain and do some storm watching.